Spring ball is upon us, and I’ve made the quick transition into ‘survival mode’. I know this sounds dramatic, but there are several things that I do religiously to help make this next month a little easier for Lil’ Hatt and myself, while Coach is busy. Want to learn more about life as a coach’s wife? Click here.
Here are my TOP 5 Tips for Surviving Spring Ball or Football:
- Schedule Girl’s Night Out. I have our sitter on speed dial this time of year for this reason. A good night with my girls makes everything better.
- Meal prep for the week. I make sure this is done, and all the groceries are purchased at the start of the week. This eliminates any last minute grocery store runs OR having to pick up a non-homemade meal. A win for us all!
- Dinners out with family and friends. This can go a long way to break up several days of it just being Lil’ Hatt and myself. He is always excited to see family or friends, and it is so nice to have someone else share in watching and entertaining Lil’ Hatt.
- Toasting. Some nights at the end of an especially long day, I have an ‘adult beverage’ and high-five myself for making it through another day. Cheers!
- SELF-CARE. So this fifth and final tip is being added to MY to do list. I for sure need to get better at this for myself, so I can be better for everyone. For me, this doesn’t need to be much, but a little something each day can make you feel rested, relaxed and ready to tackle whatever the day has in store for you.
For those of you fellow Coaches Wives or those of you who have traveling or long hour working spouses, I salute you and would love to hear about your survival tips!