With each new year comes new trends! Especially in food. Here are 5 that we think you’ll be seeing more of in 2017. We’d love to know if any of these are staples in your kitchen or if you’ll be trying them this year!
- Cauliflower. You may have heard that Cauliflower is the new Kale. A versatile and hearty vegetable, Cauliflower can be made into so many things (including RICE!). We are excited that this healthy substitute is making a name for itself this year.
- One bowl meals. This trend works for breakfast, lunch or dinner (Thanks for the picture HG Supply Co.) Take your favorite ingredients and add them to your bowl and you’ve got one heck of a meal.
- Chorizo is the new Bacon!?! Bacon will never get old! However, you can use bacon’s spicy, Spanish sibling to jazz up your recipes! Here are some great every day chorizo recipes and click here for those of you wanting recipes that are a little bit more elevated!
- The cast iron skillet will always be a staple for us, but the Plancha is gaining awareness & is a hot cooking tool for 2017. Read more about this great grilling accessory here.
- Coconut. Who knew coconut would be trendy and so healthy. This island fruit is popping up everywhere as an alternative to milk, flour, oil and even as a beauty staple! We’re coco for coconuts! Click here for some great ways to use coconut milk in salad dressings!
Growing up, my parents always had a party every Christmas night. It was one of my favorite parties and fondest memories. We have been having our annual Christmas party for several years now and I love sharing my Mom’s traditions while adding my own flair. The first few years I made way too much food and eventually came up with this equation. Now I always have enough for the party AND the late night crew. Happy planning!
Love, Mrs. Gridiron